Schechter is a financial services firm that delivers customized and creative solutions to high-net-worth investors around the United States and world. Schechter is currently seeking an experienced Compliance Associate who will work with the Chief Compliance Officer to oversee the firm’s compliance, including regulatory compliance related to the firms two Registered Investment Advisors (RIA), Schechter Investment Advisors and Schechter Private Capital.
Schechter’s Compliance Department provides service, support, and advice to promote the Firm’s growth and development while helping employees and the Firm meet their regulatory obligations, and more broadly, to preserve and enhance our reputation for integrity. The Compliance Associate will report to the Chief Compliance Office and assist with the day-to-day administration of the Advisor’s compliance program.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Work with the CCO to review, maintain, and update SEC regulatory filings (ADV Part 1, ADV Part 2A & 2B, Form CRS, Section 13 Filings, etc.) and FINRA licensing and registration filings (Form U4, Form U5).
• Support the CCO with developing, maintaining, and updating the Firm’s compliance policies and procedures. Conduct employee training with respect to the compliance program
• Work with the CCO to conduct annual SEC compliance reviews pursuant to rule 206(4)-7 by assessing the Advisor’ policies and procedures, testing of the policies and procedures, and ensuring proper documentation, recordkeeping, and escalation to management.
• Support the CCO in Conducting risk assessments of Investment Advisor operations; recommend risk mitigation techniques and controls
• Review marketing materials and investor communications to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations, most notably SEC rule 206(4)-1 (the “advertising rule”).
• Oversee the day-to-day administration of the Firm’s code of ethics/personal trading policies through the Firm’s compliance software.
• Research and respond to Schechter teammate compliance questions and requests.
• Conduct appropriate surveillance of business activities, including a review of investment allocations and investment guidelines and restrictions.
• Interact with various departments within the organization to ensure consistency in policies and procedures.
• Monitor new legal and regulatory developments and update policies and procedures accordingly.
• Special projects as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY
• Bachelor’s degree required, paralegal certification a plus.
• 2+ years of experience in a compliance function for a SEC-registered investment adviser, preferably one that manages retail high-net-worth clients.
• Strong understanding of the financial service asset management industry, securities markets, as well as knowledge of securities laws and regulatory interpretations that relate to investment advisers (e.g. the Advisors Act, the ’40 Act, the Securities Act, the Exchange Act, and applicable FINRA & ERISA rules).
• Has the ability to analyze situations for compliance and business risk as well as recommend & implement solutions to address and mitigate such risk.
• Possess a high moral character and professional integrity.
• Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
• Meticulous attention to detail and highly accurate.
• A self-starter that enjoys a team-oriented approach
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org