We are seeking an organized, and reliable team player to handle the expeditious transport of confidential materials between Schechter and our clients and vendors, Schechter Benefits Advisors, along with providing internal operational support functions.
Essential Job Functions
• Daily courier runs using OWN vehicle in the metro Detroit area, the company reimburses IRS rate for mileage; runs may include:
– Client Documents – for signature, pick up/drop off
– Gift Cards/Gifts – for purchase, usually requested by SPC, HR
– Groceries – Monday morning task to stock office kitchen with fruit, beverages, misc. grocery items
– Supplies – one-offs, immediate needs, misc.
– Lunches – for meetings (clients and executives)
• Track inventory of regular supplies used so that we are always well-stocked. Includes both grocery items and office supplies.
• Stocking of office supplies.
• Basic housekeeping: Bathrooms, and kitchen (replenish hand soap, wipe down tables, sink).
• Maintain office conference areas.
• Set up and clean up (with assistance at times) for company events/meetings.
• Parking of executive vehicles, maintenance scheduling, as needed
• Office Assistant: front desk backup, cover receptionist breaks, vacation, and sick days.
• Weekly scanning for Client Service as needed.
* This list of responsibilities list above is not intended to be all-inclusive, duties may be added/deleted at the discretion of management.
• Reliable transportation as you will be logging miles on your own vehicle for this position. We require that all employees who drive personal vehicles on company business carry at least $100,000 per occurrence and $300,000 aggregate of liability protection and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. The purchase of comprehensive and collision insurance is at your discretion.
• Ability to bend, stoop, sit, stand, reach, and lift items weighing 25 pounds.
• Smartphone (iPhone, Droid, etc.) – need to be able to receive/send emails from your phone stipend will be provided based on the frequency of the phone being used for business/work.
• Experience with Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, Outlook a must.
• Clean, neat appearance as you will be representing the company on courier runs as well as in our own office.
• Candidate should have exceptional organization, communication and people skills, is conscientious, and dependable.
• Cooperates and works together with all co-workers; plan and complete job duties with minimal supervisory direction, including appropriate judgment.
• Confidentiality of utmost importance.
• Background check prior to hire, will include driving record.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org