The Investment Data Specialist position at Schechter is ideal for an analytical thinker with strong math and organizational skills. This position will assist in maintaining data presented across our Investment Technology platform in order to provide clients as well as internal users a current and accurate financial picture.
Essential Job Functions
• Provides ongoing maintenance/data entry of necessary financial data used across all Investment Technology systems, including Black Diamond Wealth Platform
• Works with internal teams to address issues accurately in a timely manner
• Organize and communicate all changes made to client data to relevant internal teams
• Serve as a data steward and support enhancing data governance activities
• Increase the breadth and quality of data that is tracked, monitored, and analyzed for both internal use and client reporting
• Coordinate data collection and updates with internal and external parties as necessary
• Serve a key power user of the firm’s portfolio reporting and performance system
Knowledge, Skills, & Ability
• Associate degree or combination of 1-3 years of relevant work experience and schooling, concentrations in accounting, finance, economics, or mathematics. 1+ year experience in portfolio accounting or investment operations.
• Familiarity with portfolio accounting software such as Black Diamond, Orion, Tamarac, or Portfolio Center preferred
• Knowledge of investment performance calculations, including IRR, TWR, accrued interest, yield, amortization, duration.
• Ability to reconcile and troubleshoot all relevant calculations, such as cost basis, and gain/loss, and understanding of transaction formats and fields.
• Knowledge of alternative investments, such as hedge funds, private equity, and similar investment vehicles is preferred.
• Must be detailed oriented, analytical, and self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize competing deadlines.
• Ability to communicate issues clearly and succinctly to coworkers, custodians, and vendors, as needed.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products, especially MS Excel and report writing experience.
Please send your resume to email@example.com