Essential Job Functions
• Provide guidance and framework to Advisors, clients, and Strategic Partners on matters relating to tax and estate planning.
• Assist Advisors and Underwriting Team, interfacing with insurance carriers where needed, on matters relating to insurable capacity and insurable interest.
• Work strategically and pro-actively with Advisors, the Marketing Team, and the Wealth Team to continually assess product offerings, target markets and client-related procedures.
• Continually build upon and add to the technical knowledge of the Company and its products and services. Be a technical “expert” in the industry.
• Analyze and evaluate planning strategies that are proposed to the Company by outside sources.
• Assist as requested, provide in-house legal counsel to the Company on all matters within the scope of legal expertise.
• Provide training to New Advisors in the areas of basic tax and estate planning.
• Write technical articles that promote and support the Company’s insurance products and strategies.
• Bachelor’s degree required, business or marketing preferred
• Law degree required, LL.M. in taxation strongly preferred
• Life insurance license encouraged
• Strong experience in advising clients with respect to Federal transfer tax and estate planning matters, as well as Federal income tax
• Experience with insurance products and other financial products and instruments
• Solid understanding of the underlying economics of various life insurance products (Term, Whole Life, Universal Life, Indexed Universal Life, Variable Life) and the way these products can be incorporated into estate and financial planning transactions
• Experience drafting and administering trusts is preferred
• Exceptional technical abilities in the fields of individual taxation (income, gift and estate)
• Detailed understanding regarding all aspects of trusts, including trust law; trust provisions; trust operation; trust administration
• Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, presentation skills
• Strong technical and analytical skills
• Ability to understand complex financial concepts
• Polished, professional presence
• Goal motivated
• Strong intellectual curiosity to understand complex new financial products and legal concepts
• Enthusiasm: The company’s culture is based on meeting our clients’ needs and exceeding their expectations.
Preferred, but Not Required
LL.M. in Taxation strongly preferred, and Insurance License encouraged
Please send your resume to email@example.com