Schechter Private Capital (“SPC”) was formed in 2016 in response to the continued private investment opportunities afforded to us through our vast deal sourcing network. As long-time private opportunity investors, our experience clearly translated into extending these opportunities to our partners. We look for favorable risk-return dynamics across a wide variety of industries. Our preference is for businesses and opportunities we can understand, with non-binary outcomes. A priority is placed on the preservation of capital through deal structuring and careful investment selection.
SPC is currently searching for a Private Investment Analyst to be an integral part of the SPC team. The Private Investment Analyst will perform a wide range of activities including sourcing private investment deals, investment screening, due diligence, portfolio management, and process optimization. The candidate will assist with the execution of private investment transactions in coordination with different functions within the organization.
Essential Job Functions
- Deal sourcing through identification and screening of investment opportunities in accordance with SPC’s investment mandate
- Perform investment due diligence including market sizing, industry and sector analysis, competitive positioning, technical feasibility, and other areas critical to investment evaluation
- Document due diligence efforts and author investment memos summarizing diligence findings
- Maintain market valuation and investment data to aid the team in properly assessing potential investments
- Perform investment portfolio management and monitoring as well as ad-hoc analysis for specific investments including strategy, operations, financing
- Author investor presentations, quarterly investor reports, audit support documentation, and other ad-hoc investment reports as necessary.
- Enhance SPC’s investment framework through the creation of analytical tools, valuation databases, and deal databases
- Improve SPC’s investment process to optimize decision making. As important as the decision is the decision-making process
- Work closely with the SPC investment teams other analysts and partners
- Work closely with other organization functions including operations, accounting, and compliance
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- +3 years’ experience in deal sourcing, investment opportunity screening and due diligence
- Deep understanding of capital structure and deal structure concepts
- Deep understanding of valuation concepts
- Authored investment reports, investor presentations, and quarterly reports
- Conducted extensive investment portfolio management activities
- Quantitative and analytical skills – high level of expertise with Excel.
- Self-guided and with high levels of initiative
- Sense of urgency, ability to manage multiple priorities. Excellent organizational skills
- Great written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to summarize and synthesize information succinctly.
- “Can do” entrepreneurial attitude and a propensity to figure out a way to get things done, no matter the obstacles.
- Highly curious, continuous learner
Our Promise to You
- Unique work environment with strong employee culture and values
- Competitive salary
- Merit and Team Bonus eligibility
- High quality benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, HSA, FSA, 401K, etc.
- Paid time off
- Flexible work from home policy
Please send your resume to email@example.com